Wednesday, December 2, 2015

John 1:14

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us."

I have begun reading an advent devotional by Max Lucado. (He is my favorite Christian writer.) I'm a little behind because today is the 4th day of advent but I will catch up.

Seldom do I stop and think about the reality of Christ as a human - all the physical discomforts and yucky things about our bodies. Yet, he lived a perfect life. Lucado suggests that we acknowledge the ugly parts of our physicality and allow ourselves to realize Christ's humanness. It does feel sacreligous to do so; to imagine the body of Christ in such an unappealing form. I am tempted to call it an imperfect form, but God does not create imperfection.

I believe Jesus had the most perfect body humanly possible. I wonder if he ever felt sick. Did Jesus get colds - stomach aches?  His health must have been good in order for him to carry out all that he did.

Theologically,  we are all perfect for God's plan. Whatever we see as a flaw, He has a purpose for it. Every handicap, mental illness, or general perceived  weakness can have a place in the Father's future for us.  Our imperfections can become strengths if we let God use us. With faith, we can embrace whatever difficulty comes each day to allow us to serve Him.

Thank you Lord. Here I am - use me, please.  I pray all in the name of Jesus - Selah

No comments:

Post a Comment