Saturday, December 5, 2015

Luke 5:5

"...'Master we have worked hard all night and haven't caught anything. But because you say so, I will let down the nets.' When they had done so, they caught such a large number of fish that their nets began to break."

How often, Father, do we not listen to your voice or not even seek your counsel.  We think: "This isn't  important enough to bother you, God."  "I know what I'm  doing; I don't  need to ask you, Lord."  "I hear you speak (through friends, loved ones or maybe even strangers), but I'm sure you don't mean what their asking, Father."

Most of the time we don't  mean to be disrespectful.  May of the times, we just don't remember to come to you. 

Now, though, We have a potential business opportunity which may be presenting itself to provide a more financially secure future for us. Help us, Holy Spirit. With each small step we prepare to take, speak your counsel.  Guide us to make the best decisions. Show us that it is an endeavor which YOU want for us - or, give us the wisdom to pass it up should the prospect be something that is not in our best interest. Most important, let whatever we do be for the benefit of sharing our faith in you with others.  Strengthen our faith. Speak to us - open our ears, our minds and our hearts.  Show us where and how to cast our nets; where you're will for us will be accomplished. I pray all in the name of  our precious Savior, Jesus ---- Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment